What I did in 2013

Hi guys, Thank you for sticking with The Cosplay Chronicles the last 4 years. Time flies by so fast and I myself can’t believe it’s already been so long!

I have been very held up by life this year to blog so I’m glad you guys are still sticking around! For the above video, I must admit that I hadn’t planned to talk THAT LONG! But it was a good talking day and I kept blabbing on LOL.

Below are some key points of my year in Cosplay and Blog.

1) Guilty Gear X, Millia Rage Photoshoot 

bCKvKJF_kaikaedit

 

2) Skip Beat, Dangerous Mission Photoshoot

BRI_2260-Edit-Edit

 

3) Skip Beat, Dark Moon Photoshoot

BRI_2685_kaikaedit2

 

4) CoFesta Ambassador in Japan

IMG_5370

 

5) I’m a finalist for OMY Blog Awards again!

image

I didn’t win the Vlog category but I’m happy to be included as a finalist ^^

6) What Mahou Shoujo (Magical Girls) did for me

 

7) Judged for the Cosplay Competition @ O’Hanami Festival

IMG_3768

 

8) Judged for License2Play Cosplay Competition

It’s a very short list this year compared to what I did in 2012, but I acknowledge the efforts I put into everything I did in 2013 and I give myself a pat on the shoulder for shouldering it all (pun intended LOL).

Like I mentioned in my video, I’m hoping to morph TheCosplayChronicles into something more next year. So please share your opinion with me and tell me what you want to see!

A lot of bad things happened this year. Like how I missed my flight to Japan and had to repurchase tickets, how I nearly missed them again when I came back, how my iPhone was squashed by cars, how I was backstabbed and had words stuffed into my mouth and being labelled as a ‘bully’, how I had to pay extra money for the mistake of someone else , how I fell out with someone I regarded as friend for reasons I couldn’t agree with.

I had sadness, I had disappointments, I felt betrayed, I felt left out, I felt silly, I felt useless, I felt unappreciated, I felt ignored, I felt disrespected, I felt looked down upon,  i felt like I was swimming in the wrong pool all the time. But overall, I’m glad I managed to get over them and move on happily.

So in short, 2013 had been GOOD despite all the above. And I believe by sheer faith, that 2013 will be just as good if not better. If you are feeling sad about the ending of a year that proved to be unfruitful, fear not, chance to fight back starts now!

I hope everyone have a good year ahead. Leave whatever’s chaining you and move forward jovially =)

Comments

Lauren Bernal Jackson said…
Hi, there, Kaika! Been following your blog since your Haruhi skirt tutorial (still remember Yui on the front page,) and I would like to thank you for all that you contribute, such as helping a cosplayer wanting to break out of her awkward stage (me :D) as well as your providing con reports to help recover from post-con depression, inspiring me to go all out and to be creative with what I do. Hopefully I can redeem myself and do all that I can to improve where I would like to. I would also very much like to reiterate my appreciation for your work on TCC. Oh, and perhaps another cosplayer room entry? :) Good luck and a happy new year to you!
christopher CCDM said…
Happy New Year Kaika! :)
Elpheal aka Kaika said…
awww thanks >.<!
Elpheal aka Kaika said…
Happy New Year ^^!

Popular Posts